Create, Update and Archive Initiatives
Creating a new Initiative
1. Select the Initiatives icon in the left-hand side navigation bar
2. Click on + Create New at the top of the page
3. A new page will appear where you will need to enter:
The name of the Initiative
A description of the Initiative
Assign it to a Transition Card or SDGs Alignment Card
Those marked with * are required fields
4. Next you will need to assign Organisations. That can be done by either:
Select Existing from the pre-populated list in the drop-down menu
5. For those Initiatives that have a start and finish date you can enter these dates here
These dates will be used to display or remove Initiatives on a Transition Card or SDGs Alignment Card at a particular date.
For Initiatives that are ongoing you do not need to add a date
6. Enter contact details for the Initiative, such as:
7. Scroll down and select Create on the bottom right-hand side to save and create the Initiative.
Search and Update an Initiative
1. Search for an Initiative by typing it into the search bar at the top left-hand corner of the screen
2. Click Show alongside the Initiative you wish to update
3. A new page will appear showing the details of the Initiative
4. Click on the Details tab to edit Initiative details
5. A new page will appear where details of the Initiative can be edited
6. To save these updates scroll down and select Update Initiative on the bottom right-hand side
Delete an Initiative
1. To delete an Initiative, click Delete alongside the name of the Initiative on the Initiative summary page
2. A confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to delete the Initiative
3. If you are sure you wish to proceed select OK
4. A success message will appear on the bottom right-hand corner of the page confirming the Initiative has been deleted
Help on importing Initiatives can be found here
Archive an Initiative
1. To archive an Initiative, click Modify alongside the name of the Initiative on the Initiative summary page
2. Scroll down the Editing Initiative page to find the Archived On text box.
3. Enter the date you want to archive the Initiative from
4. Press Update at the bottom of the screen.
5. On the Initiatives Summary Page, the archived Initiative will now have Yes next to it in the Archived column.
Note: Once archived, the Initiative will no longer appear on the grid view of the related Transition Card or SDGs Alignment Card. Archiving Initiatives will also affect totals on Reports after the archive date.