Mapping Initiatives in Transition Cards
Mapping Initiatives to Focus Areas
1. Begin by selecting the Initiative you wish to map. You can do this by either:
Selecting it from a Transition Card, or
Selecting it from the list on the Initiatives page
2. Once you have selected your Initiative you will see a page called Initiative Characteristics
Here you will see the list of Focus Areas and their associated Initiative Characteristics
3. To map an Initiative, select the comment icon and add a comment. The comment icon is found at the end of the Initiative Characteristic text.
4. Once you have entered your comment, select a comment status ('Actual', 'Planned', 'Suggestion / Idea', or 'More Information'). Click here to learn more about comment statuses.
5. Press Save New Comment to ensure your comment is saved.
6. Once you have entered and saved a comment, the Initiative Characteristic text will change colour - blue for an 'Actual' comment, teal for 'Planned', yellow for 'Suggestion', and purple for 'More Information'. (Entering this data will record a time stamp against the comment and tick selection that can be used in reporting later).
7. If you are uncertain about what an Initiative Characteristic means, you can watch short videos by clicking on the Play button next to the Focus Area or Initiative Characteristic text.
8. Once you have completed mapping you can return to your Transition Card by selecting the Transition Card Details button on the top right-hand side.
Here you will be able to see all the Initiatives in your ecosystem and how they map across the Nine Focus Areas
Changing or Updating Comments
After saving an initial comment on an Initiative, the comment can be updated, a new comment can be added, and the status of the comment can be changed. Depending on whether you update the comment or create a new one will have an impact on the Comments Report.
Updating Existing Comment
Updating Existing Comments is used to edit or update an existing comment when the way an initiative is addressing a characteristic has not changed. This will edit the comment details in the history but the original date that it was entered will remain unchanged. Updating Existing Comment is used when rewording comments or adding additional information to a comment.
Note: Updating Existing Comment updates are not included as a Characteristic Comment Update in the Transition Card Activity Report.
To Edit or Update a comment on an Initiative
1. Select the Initiative Characteristic you wish to edit or update by following steps 1 to 3 above
2. Enter or edit the information you wish to add in to the top dialogue box
3. Click Update Existing to save the updates
Save New Comment
Save New Comment is used when you are entering new data about how an initiative characteristic is being addressed, and how the characteristic is being addressed is fundamentally different to how it was being addressed in the previous saved comment. Save New Comment is more than a change to the wording.
Note: These saved New Comments are included as a Characteristic Comment Update in the Transition Card Activity Report.
To Save a New Comment on an Initiative
1. Select the Initiative Characteristic you wish to change by following steps 1 to 3 above
2. Enter the new comment you wish to add in to the bottom dialogue box
3. Click Save New Comment to save the updates